– Protein! (imitates chugging) – Is that what you think of me? (upbeat rock music) – So today is the ultimate
protein shake taste test. – That’s right. We’re gonna try different protein shakes and we’re gonna see which
ones we like the best. – I use protein powder and
you use protein powder. – Totally, look at me. – I throw the shit in a cup,
I drink it, and I get to work. Leggo. (high-energy rock music) – Smells like Nesquick. – Alright.
– Let’s try it. – Cheers.
(speaks in foreign language) If you didn’t tell me
this was a protein shake, I would just legitimately
think this was chocolate milk. – In my opinion, Optimum Nutrition is one of the few brands I have found that is both good quality and good flavor. – Let’s check out what’s
happening already. – We’re getting huge. Whoa, Ricky! – [Ricky] You are buffin’ up man! (laughs) – Gains.
– Ah, yeah, yeah. – Right here, gains. – It’s all about them gains man. (upbeat rock music) – This is vegan protein. – [Bearded Man] Gluten-free. – Gluten Free.
– No sugar added. – That bums you out so
much doesn’t it? (laughs) – It’s so disappointing. – But it smells good. Smells like a berry forest. (table thumps) – Dude, what is happening? – It’s definitely like a meal. It’s pretty heavy. – It’s sticking to my teeth. – This one’s Non-GMO verified. – But I appreciate that there’s a plant-based protein available for people who need something like that. (heavy rock music) – This doesn’t have weed in it, does it? – Please let it have weed in it. – Are we gonna get stoned? – It looks and smells like
crushed up dead leaves. – Can also be stirred
into yogurt or hot cereal and is great for baking. I think this is more for like food mixture than it is a drink concoction.
– Yeah. – Tastes like the earth. – This tastes like there’s
no processing in it. No chemicals. (chuckling)
– Those little grains get kinda stuck in your throat. – [Man] Yeah, it’s all over. – Do you know what I’m talking ’bout? It doesn’t dissolve. – This is like a Bernie Sanders
supporter’s dream come true. (laughing) – A buff Bernie Sanders supporter.
– Yeah. (chuckles) (upbeat ska music) – It is egg-based. – No sugar, that’s good. – I need this one in my life. – I don’t like that it’s made out of egg. That just makes me uncomfortable.
– I like it. It’s like eggnog-ish. – Alright. – A little too eggy. – Yeah, this is fantastic. And this one’s gluten-free, hormone-free, which is great. – This is the recovery drink. Who walk around the gym and
spend 90% of the time looking at themselves in the mirror,
this is what they drink. (heavy metal music) – Ultimate high school bro right here. – This is not a powder. This is a pre-made drink.
– Oh. – Also, Muscle Milk contains no milk. Oh, but it includes milk proteins. – What does that mean? I have no idea. – It’s like chocolate milk, but then like a burst of chemicals. – Did you taste that weird minty after, like a toothpaste? – To me it taste like chocolate chalk and Flinstone Vitamins. – Yeah, it’s like going to McDonald’s. You know what you’re gonna get. – Do you want McDonald’s? – True. (upbeat ska music) – We both like this one the most. – Like I said, it’s one of the ones that I found are good quality and taste not bad.
– Yeah. – I’m glad that they’re
making a big variety of protein shakes out there. I think everybody’s bodies
are different and stuff. – And they’re taste buds are different. Everybody has different
needs in what they like. – Also, you don’t think
everybody should drink protein? – No. – You workout, you should
drink protein, but that’s it. – Yeah, if you have a high activity level and you wanna drink it
as a recovery drink, I think it’s good to supplement with. – So, as far as it comes down to the ultimate protein
powder shake taste test, the winner! – [Bearded Man] Hydro Whey. – Drinking protein makes
me wanna do this now. Ah ha! No! – [Woman] You’re holding it really well. – Ah!